These Orange Candied Almonds have a delicious caramelized coating with a pop of citrus. They're the perfect combination of crunchy and sweet. I love these as a snack and they make amazing gifts as well!
The Best Orange Candied Almonds
Once you try these Orange Candied Almonds, you won't be able to put them down! My friends are always asking me to make them a batch. Candied nuts are addicting in themselves. I mean, perfectly roasted nuts covered in a crunchy, candied coating - what's not to love? But add in a little citrus twang to balance the sweetness and it adds another dimension!
These candied almonds are also super easy to make. Mix together the sugars for the coating, make a "glue" for the almonds, and combine! Bake until the sugars harden and then cool. That's really it. I prefer these at room temperature but honestly, it's just too hard to wait sometimes. 😉
You only need 6 ingredients for this amazing recipe! You probably have them all too!
- White and brown sugar: Using two kinds of sugars create a deeper, more caramelized flavor.
- Orange: Fresh orange juice is best! The zest brings a lot of flavor too.
- Egg white: Acts as the binder so the sugars coat the almonds.
- Raw almonds
How To Candy Almonds
This recipe requires minimal effort and is super easy!
- Mix the dry ingredients. Combine the sugars, salt, and zest together.
- Froth the egg white. Whisk the egg white really well to thin it out, then add the orange juice and almonds.
- Stir everything together. Add the dry to the wet.
- Bake. Stir at intervals to create an even coating on all the almonds.
- Let cool. The candied almonds are best at room temperature.
This recipe is also available as a Web Story!
Let the almonds cool completely, then store in an air tight container. They'll last in a dark, cool area for up to 1 week or in the fridge for 3 weeks.
Make It In Advance
You can definitely make these Orange Candied Almonds in advance and freeze them! The flavor won't be as potent but they'll still be delicious.
Let the almonds cool completely, then spread out onto a clean baking sheet. Try to space each one out so they aren't touching, then place the sheet in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Next, transfer the almonds to an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months.
To thaw, open the container and let sit on the counter until they easily separate. Place each almond onto a clean baking sheet or surface to warm. Thawing in the container or too quickly in a warm environment may cause the coating to melt.
What To Serve With Orange Candied Almonds
These Orange Candied Almonds are delicious on their own! They make a great snack, especially since they're portable. I also love to gift these during the holidays for co-workers and friends.
You can also use them as a crunchy topping. They'd work well in salads, like an Asian Sesame Salad that usually has mandarin oranges and sliced almonds. Or you can sprinkle them over roasted veggies (like in my Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta, Almonds, and Balsamic Glaze) to bring a pop of brightness.
Need more ideas? Sprinkle them on top of cereal, smoothies, or granola. Make them a part of a fun trail mix, use it as a topping on sundaes, or stir it into your buttery popcorn. These almonds are so versatile!
Looking For More?
If you're looking for more snack ideas, we've got you covered!
- Kimchi Deviled Eggs
- Banana Chocolate Chip Walnut Muffins
- Healthy Apple Chai Bars
- Seafood Salad
- Lemon Chia Seed Muffins
- Healthier Dulce de Leche Thumbprint Cookies
Orange Candied Almonds
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line baking sheet with foil - I highly recommend using foil for easy clean-up. The sugars will stick to parchment, silicone mats, and the pan.
- To a bowl, add the white and brown sugar, salt, and orange zest. Stir well and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg white until frothy, about 1 minute. Whisk in orange juice. Then add almonds and toss to coat.
- Add sugar mixture to almonds and mix well.
- Spread almonds onto baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 55-60min, stirring every 20 minutes. Let cool 10-15 minutes.
Pin It For Later
Products I Used
The following contains affiliate links, which means I will earn a commission if you purchase an item through these links. I only recommend the brands I know and trust. Thank you for your support!