These Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa are the epitome of summer - sweet, spicy, light, and refreshing. The combination of the spicy shrimp, sweet mango, and lime yogurt sauce is simply irresistible! Everything comes together in minutes and is guaranteed to be scarfed down even faster.
These tacos are probably my favorite meal to have in the summer! The shrimp are cooked in a classic, smoky taco seasoning blend. But when it's paired with a mango salsa, it tastes even more delicious! All the fresh fruit and vegetables in the salsa keep this dish light for the warm summer months. The finishing touch is the lime yogurt sauce - another bright, cooling element that ties the whole dish together. So good!
to make these shrimp tacos with mango salsa
Start by making the taco seasoning blend. I use this blend for tacos, burrito bowls, braised meat, eggs - you name it! It's even better than the ones at the store (no preservatives or funky ingredients)! I prefer to leave out salt and pepper in these spice blends so I can have better control of the seasoning. The taco seasoning recipe below will make a lot more than you'll need for the tacos. Just make sure you seal the rest in an airtight container and store in a dry, cool place.
Next, dice up all the fruits and veggies for the mango salsa. Season it lightly with salt, then add the lime juice. Mix it well, then taste and adjust the seasoning to your preference. Keep it in the fridge until you're ready to serve the tacos.
Then whisk everything together for the lime yogurt sauce. Sprinkle in just a touch of salt, and again, taste and adjust if needed.
You can warm the tortillas directly on the stovetop, in a dry skillet, or wrapped in foil in the oven. Keep the temperature medium-low to avoid burning them. Heat them until they're soft and pliable, then wrap in foil to keep warm until serving.
Finally, you're ready for the shrimp! Pat them dry with a paper towel, season with salt and pepper, then add the taco seasoning. Mix it all together until each shrimp is evenly coated. Heat up some oil, butter, or ghee over high heat and cook the shrimp in an even layer. Make sure you have a fan on because it can get smoky! When the edges of the shrimp start to turn pink (1-2 minutes), add the minced garlic and flip the shrimp. They'll only need another minute to finish cooking.
Time to assemble - the fun part! Evenly divide the shrimp and mango salsa amongst the tortillas, then drizzle with lime yogurt dressing. Garnish with lots of cilantro and enjoy!
Looking For More?
I'm a huge seafood fan and love having a delicious seafood dish every week. Some of my favorites are:
- Shrimp Scampi Zucchini Boats
- Rabokki (Tteokbokki + Ramen)
- Vietnamese Turmeric Fish with Dill (Cha Ca La Vong)
- Better Than Takeout Shrimp Fried Rice
- Shrimp and Grits with Andouille Sausage
Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
- To make the salsa, soak the diced red onion in water for 10 minutes to remove some of the bite. Mix with remaining ingredients. Season to taste and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the lime yogurt sauce, whisk all the ingredients together with a pinch of salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat a dry skillet over med-high heat. Warm the tortillas, one at a time, for 10-15 seconds each side or until pliable. You can also heat it directly over an open flame if you have a gas range. Wrap in foil to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Pat the shrimp dry. Season with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning. In a skillet, heat the butter or oil until melted/hot. Add the shrimp in a single layer and cook 2 minutes each side until opaque. Add garlic and stir constantly for 1 minute more. Turn off heat and set aside.
- To assemble the tacos, top tortillas with shrimp & mango salsa. Drizzle with lime yogurt dressing & garnish with cilantro. Serve with additional limes on the side.
Products I Used
The following contains affiliate links, which means I will earn a commission if you purchase an item through these links. I only recommend the brands I know and trust. Thank you for your support!